Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Couple Things

So this is my first attempt at sustaining a real sort of blog, and I think what I'm hoping it will turn out to be is a place for writing about random thoughts, mostly theatre based, and responding to what I'm seeing out there currently in the blogosphere, there's a lot going on out there and I'd like to think I can add something to the discussion.

Firstly, about who I am and where I'm coming from at this point in my life:

My name is Greg Redlawsk, I'm currently completing my fourth year as a theatre student at Cornell College in Mount Vernon Iowa. I started out as an actor from the time I was relatively young, but have switched over more towards the directing side of theatre, a shift which began in earnest during my second year of College. I have directed a relatively large number of productions these past few years, ranging from Danny and the Deep Blue Sea to 4.48 Psychosis by Sarah Kane. I've been influenced in my thinking by several prominent theatrical luminaries, such as Anne Bogart, Robert Wilson, Jerzy Grotowski, along with Peter Brook.

To be a little bit more specific with my intentions, I think I'm looking to document my experiences as I finish school and move on towards trying to find a place to live and work and survive and that whole drill. As I said, from time to time I'll be posting random thoughts and reactions to events around me, I also plan on posting snippets from essays I've written on the theatre and thoughts I've had about what needs to happen to keep theatre as a viable and sustainable artistic force in the world. Hope you're as excited as I am, although that does seem unlikely at this point. But I'll get you there.

That's all for now.

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment